This convenient service will automatically renew your eligible materials on the due date. You won't have to lift a finger. Library items will be automatically renewed two (2) days before the due date as long as no holds have been placed on them by other library customers. Items may be renewed a maximum of three (3) times.
Why didn't my item auto-renew?
- Make sure you have additional renewals remaining
- It was overdue. You may still manually renew the item at www.blackgold.org using the tab ‘my account’. If the item does not have holds on it and you have not used all your renewals already, you will be able to renew.
- You have an item that is not eligible for renewal. Express items, ILL items, some rental items and some magazines are not eligible for renewal.
- You have already used all your renewals.
My item didn’t renew, what should I do?
- It has holds from other library customers.
- You can try and renew it manually (phone or online). Other items may have come in that have filled the hold that prevented your item from renewing automatically. To renew manually go to www.blackgold.org using the tab ‘my account’ or call 805-546-0499 (you will need the barcode on your library card and the barcode on your item). If the item does not have holds on it and you have not used all your renewals already, you will be able to renew.
- If these do not work, you will need to return the item to your library
Will all my items be renewed?
Library items will be automatically renewed as long as no holds have been placed on them by other library customers. Items may be renewed a maximum of three (3) times.
What items are eligible for auto renew?
What items cannot be auto renewed?
Items that are normally available for manual renewal through My Account are eligible for auto renewal.
Express items, *rental items, *magazines, items with a holds queue, digital items and items that have reach their maximum number of renewals or are already overdue will not be auto renewed.
* May be renewed in some locations. Check with your library.
Will I receive a notification on what has been auto renewed?
You will only be notified about what has been auto renewed if you receive email notifications. Change your preference for receiving library notices in My Account.
Will I be notified if an item can't be renewed?
If an item can't be renewed, you will be notified of its due date if you receive email notifications. Change your preferences for receiving library notices in My Account.
Do I lose days on the auto-renewal?Can I still renew manually?
No. The due date advances the appropriate amount based on the material type and the original due date. For example, if you have a book due on the 3rd, the system will send you an email two days in advance (on the 1st) letting you know that your item's due date has been extended to the 24th.
Yes. In addition to having auto renew in place, you will be able to renew online, by phone or in person as before.
Can I opt out of auto-renew?
No. Auto renew is a feature that is available to all Black Gold Library card holders without exception.