Book Club in a Bag List
- Any patron of the Black Gold Library System or a member library may borrow a kit. Kits from other library branches may be transferred for pickup at the patron’s home library.
- Reservations can be made for most kits on www.blackgold.com. Kits are held for pickup for 7 days.
- The kit will be checked out on the library card of the person picking up the bag. That patron is completely responsible for the bag and all of its contents.
- The loan period is 6 weeks. Overdue fines may vary depending on the owning library and will apply to kits returned after the due date.
- Kits may not be renewed.
- Check contents before returning the kit. The replacement cost of an entire kit depends on the cost of each unit in the kit. The replacement costs of individual parts of the kit will depend on the cost of each particular item.
Library Book Club in a Bag FAQ:
One of my group members forgot to return his/her book -- who is responsible?
The person who borrows the kit is completely responsible for the return of the bag and all of its contents.
I can't remember what was in my bag when I got it. How do I know what to check for before returning it?
Check the library catalog; the kit’s contents are listed there.
Can my group members return their copies to the library?
No, the entire Book Club in a Bag kit must be returned at the same time.
What if a book is lost?
If your group loses a book, you may either replace it with another (clean) copy of the book or the Library will bill you for the book. Please let the Library know if a book has been substituted so we may check for condition and apply stickers for the next borrower.
May I place a hold on a Book Club in a Bag from the online catalog?
Yes, you may place a hold on the kit at www.blackgold.org. Kits may be reserved for pickup within seven days if they are not currently checked out.
What if my group needs more copies than are in the bag?
Use the library catalog to request more copies of a title as needed.
Someone in my group prefers large print books, how can I help them?
Use the library catalog to find the title in different formats: large print, downloadable eBook or audiobook, or book on CD.
Can my book club suggest titles for the program?
Contact your local library and let them know your ideas!